Apr 9, 2010

Girlfriends

This post is for my girlfriends from Nova Scotia.

My friends through thick and thin {and I am not just talking about my waistline}.
My friends even though I make it home only once a year.
My friends that make me laugh until I cry.
My friends that know all of my old secrets.
My friends that still know how to party like it's 1999.

My friends that were there for me during the worst part of my life.

I am sorry.

Sorry for distancing myself from you all when you were so good to me. The only way I can explan it is this:
I have not been able to deal with losing my Dad. I can't talk about it yet. So talking to my friends that knew him and that know me so well has been scary for me. It makes it seem more real and I worried that your kindness and sympathy would break my control over my emotions.

It is slowly getting a little easier and I miss you girls so much (even if it is just a quick chat on facebook) so I hope you understand and forgive me.

I am now open for business (let's just avoid one topic for now if you don't mind).

Love,
Your Least Conservative Friend xoxo

4 comments:

  1. man, do you like making me cry or what?? I'll always be your friend no matter what and know that I'm always here. (I've been here... following your blog and on facebook...)
    love your articles
    love your artwork
    love your writing
    love your photos
    love your boys (I could squeeze them through the computer...)

    miss you
    with love from one of your NS besties,
    ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Jane, the reason why we've all been friends for so long is because we know when to come together, when to back off and when to be there to pick up all the broken pieces...and the empties lying around ;)
    Thank you for being so honest...I can only imagine how hard it was to write about the unspeakable. No need to apologize or ask for forgiveness...we love you just the same. We are ready when you are ready.
    We can't wait for you to come home so we can party like its 1999. God knows we all need it.
    much love to you, Randy and your beautiful boys xxxx

    -rd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much girls...you are the best.
    I did know you would understand but I felt so bad about it.

    I can't wait to see you this summer. We are coming home for a month this time.

    love ya
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    Wow! Thank you for the poem.......it was a tear jerker.
    We will always be here for you no matter what.
    You are an amazing friend....and know we all understood the situation. We just missed you in our lives.

    We can't wait to see you all this summer. And yes......we will all party like it is 1999 (again)

    Miss u lots....give all your boys big hugs:)

    Cheryl
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write a comment!